ambiently Personal Learning Assistant
the voice first personal digital assistant for students of all ages
Younger people are increasingly comfortable with and demanding voice first interfaces to their digital world. At the same time they are growing weary of traditional apps.
Student expectations continue to increase. They demand the same level of technological simplicity in their studies as in their personal lives. This is rooted in frictionless access to information and resources; interaction in the channel of their choice; and supported and guided journeys.
To manage stress and to make the most of their capabilities and investment, students also want reassurance that they are doing the right things in the right way at the right time. They want to remove that “I don’t know what I don’t know” quadrant.
At the same time, Universities, colleges, schools and professional bodies are looking for ways to attract and retain students; help students maximise their success; reduce support costs; and develop a lifelong relationship with their students.
ambiently Personal Learning Assistant (PLA) is a voice first personal digital assistant that helps potential and enrolled students achieve their study and social objectives by providing them with the resources they need to identify, engage with and succeed in their studies. It will become the adviser and guide of choice for students as they transition to being lifelong learners.
PLA helps students stay on track, keeps them motivated, and helps them get the most from learning materials and the organisation’s support services by:
- Making it easy to discover and access the resources they need to identify, engage with and succeed in their course and social life
- Anticipating students explicit and latent needs/desires, thereby effecting a “shift left” in the provision of support services
- Encouraging behaviours consistent with better performance through “nudging“ and performance trackers
- Eliminating the need for search, browse or navigate through menus to access resources, thereby reducing friction and speeding time to value
For organisations, PLA is:
- Easy to trial, to buy into, to onboard and to administer and monitor
- Cost effective (runs on the AWS serverless stack)
- Administratively smart, reducing cost to serve by freeing up staff time
PLA is scheduled for release in Q1 2020, and can be previewed from January.